Mon, 12 Oct|
ROS TRAINING: Kickstart to ROS Development
This course gives an introduction to the Robot Operating System (ROS) including many of the available tools that are commonly used in robotics. With the help of different examples, the course should provide a good starting point for students to work with robots.
Time & Location
12 Oct 2020, 9:00 am – 13 Oct 2020, 5:00 pm
Futurise Center, Block 3710, Persiaran Apec, Cyber 8, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia
About the Event
Robot Operating System (ROS) is an open source robotic operating system which provides standard operating system services such as hardware abstraction, low-level device control, implementation of commonly-used functionality, message-passing between processes, and package management.
This course gives an introduction to the Robot Operating System (ROS) including many of the available tools that are commonly used in robotics. With the help of different examples, the course should provide a good starting point for students to work with robots. They learn how to create software including simulation, to interface sensors and actuators, and to integrate control algorithms.
· ROS Basic Structure
· ROS Topics
· ROS Services
· ROS Actions
· ROS Data Visualization
· ROS Gazebo
After successfully completing this course, participants should be able to...
1. Explain what ROS is (and what it is not),
2. Use ROS to inspect and debug a robotics system,
3. Prototype simple command and control applications for a simulated mobile robot,
4. Integrate a new sensor into the robot's ROS ecosystem
5. Make use of sensor data to inform a robot's mission in real-time.
Who this course is for:
· Anyone who wants to build and program robots with Robot Operating System
· Robotics enthusiasts and hobbyists
· Well suited for electronics and computer science students
Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Age Group: 18 and Above
Additional Note: Please bring your own laptop for hands-on training.
Early Bird Individual*
Group (Min 3pax)